Cyber Systems are large complex systems of software intensive systems that are required to be both flexible and dependable: reliable, resilient, and secure. We seek ways to make such systems and to use the voluminous data they produce for decision support and improving their own dependability. Topics include:
(1) Cyber security--methods to prevent, detect, and mitigate insider threats, considering social network modeling, foundations, and advanced network tools. Use cyber ideological superstructure to modernize US cyber culture, concepts for situational understanding, goals, strategies, tactics, and computer tools for implementation, including quantum capabilities for dependable communications & computing.
(2) Cyber-physical systems--connect to cyber systems and control physical systems, emphasizing effectiveness and security, including a variety of autonomous vehicles and networks in C4ISR. Augmenting failure/intrusion prevention with runtime monitoring and real-time corrective action, given that software fault detection is not algorithmically computable.
(3) Risk Assessment for security, financial, technological, and social systems--methods and tool support for better test effectiveness and efficiency, safety assurance, requirements validation, and estimating return on investment.
(4) Reconfiguration--software reconfiguration models low cost integration into larger systems in unanticipated ways, transformation and re-derivation of documents, realizing invariant requirements of reconfigurable architectures, and adaptive approaches to system security.
(5) Data science--methods for data modeling, mining, agile numerical processing, statistical inference with confidence levels based on big data, text/documentation processing to make data easy to find and use, cognitive modeling, decision support, expert systems, and computer aided design.
Lan W, Luqi: “Effect of Orbit Prediction Models on Satellite Vulnerability Planning”, 86th MORS Symposium, 2018
Luqi, Huffmire T, “Security Analysis of USV Control”, 86th MORS Symposium, 2018
Luqi, Castle T, Miller S: “Ship High Latitude Positioning and Navigation Test Report”, NPS Technical Report: Dec. 2017
Luqi, Miller S, Wegner A, “Testing Arctic Positioning and Navigation”, NPS Technical Report: Dec. 2017
Luqi, Huffmire T: “Security of ASW USV Control”, NPS Technical Report: Dec. 2017
Luqi: “Control Systems for Unmanned Surface Vehicles in Anti-Submarine Warfare”, NPS Technical Report: Dec. 2017
Fahey S, Luqi: “Unmanned Vehicles for Anti-Submarine Warfare”, Proc. OCEANS 2016
Luqi: “Utilization and Risk of Undersea Communications”, Proc. OCEANS 2016
Cyber security; Cyber-physical systems; Risk assessment; Reconfiguration; Data science; Software architecture; Adaptive systems; Autonomous systems; System integration; Software engineering;